Louis C. Tiffany Domed Magnets
This set of six Domed Magnets capture the shimmering beauty and nuance of Louis C. Tiffany's (1848-1933) leaded glass lampshades, a highlight of the Chrysler Museum of Art's glass collection.
Tiffany and his designers created a revolutionary design aesthetic that brought the beauty of the natural world into the home. The remarkable story of designer Clara Driscoll (1861-1944), manager of the women who selected and cut glass at Tiffany Studios, was revealed in New-York Historical Society's groundbreaking exhibition, A New Light on Tiffany. This set of magnets (clockwise from top left) features details of six lampshades from the Historical Society's collection; some of which were designed by Clara Driscoll and are similar to examples found in the Chrysler's collection: Clematis Hanging Shade, Magnolia Shade, Daffodil Hanging Shade, Cyclamen Shade, Poinsettia Shade, Dogwood Shade.
- One each of six designs
- Presented in a beautiful shimmering blue gift box with clear lid
- Box: 5¼ × 4⅞ × 1⅝ inches (13.3 × 12.3 × 4.7 cm)
- Magnets: 1½ inches (3.8 cm) diameter