The Story of Painting: A History of Art for Children
From prehistoric cave art to graffiti, this beautiful compendium introduces children to the world of paintings.
Get ready to feast your eyes on an exhibition of fantastic art! Kids can time-travel through the centuries and learn all about 39 paintings, from a galloping horse drawn in the Lascaux Caves during the Stone Age, to Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus and Velázquez’s Las Meninas, to masterpieces by Dalí, Picasso, Kahlo, and Basquiat. Each spread showcases a different painting, along with a profile of the artist, kid-friendly cartoons, and fun prompts that encourage children to ask questions (like, “What do you think Mona Lisa is smiling about?”) and spot details in each work.
- Hardcover with book jacket
- 88 pages; illustrated in color throughout
- 11.6 × 9.5 inches (29.4 × 24.1 cm)
- Ideal for ages 8 to 14; Grades 3 to 9
- Written by Mick Manning & Illustrated by Brita Granström