Romare Bearden 2023 Wall Calendar
The art of Romare Bearden is as complex and colorful as the artist himself. He came of age in Depression-era Harlem, and though deeply committed to social justice and opportunity for all, he never lost his humor and optimism. He explored subject matter that highlighted his interest in the humanities and his deep engagement with African American life and culture.
From Martin Luther King Jr.—Mountain Top to Thank You . . . for F.U.M.L. (Funking Up My Life), Bearden’s artwork often reflected his observations of the rural South and urban North. Though best known for his richly textured collages, he experimented with many different mediums and artistic styles during his 55-year career. Bearden is widely considered one of the 20th century’s preeminent artists. The 12 images in this calendar showcase the broad range of his work.
Explore artwork by Romare Bearden in the Chrysler Museum of Art.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally resourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
- Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
- 12 × 13 inches (30.4 × 33 cm); opens to 12 × 26 inches (30.4 × 66 cm)