Jacob Lawrence 2023 Wall Calendar (Pre-Order)
Note: This calendar will be available soon. Pre-order now to reserve your copy.
Jacob Lawrence came of age in Harlem during the Depression. Amidst racist oppression, hunger, and unhealthy circumstances, he found grace, humor, and heroism. All impelled him to record what he saw. The history he learned, in and out of school, moved him to interpret what he read and heard. Lawrence won national attention with ’s 1941 publication of his powerful series, inspired by the massive 20th-century exodus of African Americans from the rural South to the urban North. Lawrence acknowledged influences from a remarkably diverse group of predecessors, though these influences must have had to do with sensibility, not with technique, because Lawrence’s visual style was all his own. This calendar presents paintings covering more than 50 years of Lawrence’s long and distinguished career.
Black Orpheus: Jacob Lawrence and the Mbari Club is on view at the Chrysler Museum of Art October 7, 2022 to January 8, 2023.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
- Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
- 12 × 13 inches (30.4 × 33 cm); opens to 12 × 26 inches (30.4 × 66 cm)