Jacob Lawrence 2022 Wall Calendar
Whether he was painting a game of cards or a stop along the Underground Railroad, Jacob Lawrence believed the emotion he could portray in a scene was just as important as its subject. Having grown up during both the Great Depression and the Harlem Renaissance, he told stories of the struggles, successes, and everyday life of the African American community through his paintings. Though often dealing with heavy subjects, Lawrence—as both an artist and a teacher—wanted his work to express hope and progress. Twelve dynamic pieces spanning Lawrence’s career are brought together in this calendar.
Transcontinental Modernism: Jacob Lawrence & The Artists of Black Orpheus opens at the Chrysler Museum of Art in the Fall of 2022.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally resourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
- Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
- 12 × 13 inches (30.4 × 33 cm); opens to 12 × 26 inches (30.4 × 66 cm)
Published with DC Moore Gallery, New York.