Handmade Wool Felt Gingerbread Person Ornament
Handmade felt components of this charming ornament are lovingly created and assembled by skilled artisans working in a Fair Trade production center in Kathmandu, Nepal. Artisans use 100% natural wool and non-toxic, azo-free dyes. Wool scraps are recycled into new products. Comes with a festive ''Fair Trade Holiday'' gift tag hanging from a 3-inch long cotton hanging loop.
- Approximately 5 inches (12.7 cm) high
- Handmade in Nepal
- 100% Wool (exclusive of trim)
As a founding member of the Fair Trade Federation, dZi strives to create ethical business relationships to promote better wages and working conditions for the artisans and people who produce and manage the production of our products.
The Fair Trade Federation was formed in 1994 as a trade association that strengthens and promotes North American organizations fully committed to fair trade. The Fair Trade Federation is part of the global fair trade movement, building equitable and sustainable trading partnerships and creating opportunities to alleviate poverty.
DZI Handmade's commitment to the 9 Principles of Fair Trade
- Create Opportunities for Economically and Socially Marginalized Producers
- Develop Transparent and Accountable Relationships
- Build Capacity
- Promote Fair Trade
- Pay Promptly and Fairly
- Support Safe and Empowering Working Conditions
- Ensure the Rights of Children
- Cultivate Environmental Stewardship
- Respect Cultural Identity
More information about DZI Handmade's commitment to Fair Trade can be found here.