African-American Art 2022 Wall Calendar
African-American artists have made monumental contributions to the canon of Western art. Employing a variety of styles, techniques, and media, Faith Ringgold, Archibald J. Motley Jr., and Charles White drew inspiration from African-American life and history, creating memorable images often laced with social commentary. Painter Alma Thomas stepped away from the constraints of representational imagery for a more abstracted language, as did Romare Bearden with his improvisational Cubist collages. Underlying these artists’ freedom to experiment is the work of nineteenth-century forebear Henry Ossawa Tanner. This calendar presents works by these outstanding artists and six more; their distinctive art is showcased in museums around the world.
Explore some of the artwork by African-American artists in the Chrysler Museum.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally resourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
- Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
- 12 × 13 inches (30.4 × 33 cm); opens to 12 × 26 inches (30.4 × 66 cm)